The Bibby family have lived and traded in Ingleton for over 100 years. In 1945 Clem Bibby started a milk haulage business delivering milk from farms to dairies. In 1956 Clem purchased his first coach, a Leyland Comet with a Santus body and rented a site near the centre of the village that was council owned. The vehicles were housed in a disused railway tunnel and a corrugated tin shed.
When Clem died in 1962, his son Fred took over the then 5-coach business and over the following 3 years he phased out the milk wagons.
The first brand new coach was purchased in 1971 - a Ford R192 with a Duple Viceroy body and by the early eighties the Bibby fleet consisted of 7 Fords, 4 minibuses and the Bedford OB which is still operational today.
In 1983 Fred Bibby passed away suddenly which meant his son Peter and daughter Sheila were thrown in the deep end having to take over the business. Over the following years they moved from Fords to Bedfords and Leyland Tigers and today DAF chassis' are favoured. 1n 1998 they purchased their first rear engined coach (SB3000) and with the better luggage space and easier maintenance all coaches purchased thereafter have been rear engine.
In 1991 Bibby's moved to a new depot in Ingleton on the Industrial Estate adjacent to the A65. The depot consists of a 3 bay workshop, office, automatic coach wash, diesel tanks and ample car parking space.
In 1994 Bibby's purchased two DAF bulk tippers which deliver animal feed around the local area.
In 2009 due to increased passenger numbers a brand new departure terminal was built. Passengers arriving at our depot in their car or on a feeder vehicle can use the comfortable facilities whilst waiting for their tour to depart, all under cover. Upstairs there is an extra office and private room for driver training.
Currently Bibby's employ around 45 full and part time staff and operate 16 school runs a day, around 200 tours a year and have a busy private hire programme.